Quality Policy Statement
CFSM is committed to implementing a Quality Assurance Management System for its productions and overall operations. Our quality objective is to meet or exceed our customer requirements and expectations in a proactive, professional and cost effective manner.
CFSM produces high quality silica sand for international customers in the Glass, Foundry and Chemical Industries. The purpose of this policy is to ensure that systems and processes are in place to produce and deliver world class quality silica sand that continually meets or exceeds our customers' expectations. We strive for consistency and continual quality improvement.
This policy applies to all persons including employees, casual employees, contractors and visitors, entering any part of the CFSM site or conducting business for the Company. CFSM aims to:
- Establish and maintain a high degree of quality awareness throughout the Company.
- Utilise quality assurance measuring methods that will ensure products adequately meet and continue to meet customer's requirements and specifications at all times.
- Institute a system of timely response to all customer complaints.
- Actively seek performance feedback from our customers and address opportunities for improvement are identified.
- Ensure that the Company's operations comply with Work Health and Safety requirements, Australian Standards and all other statutory regulations.
- Continually assess quality systems and results in order to implement improvements in quality and performance within all sections of the Company's operations.
Environmental Policy Statement
Cape Flattery Silica Mines recognizes the unique , beautiful and often sensitive environment in which it extracts silica sands. This recognition and a desire by the Company to protect and minimizes the impact of mining and related activities has led to a policy of carefully managing activities and adopting techniques which ensure minimal impact on the Cape Flattery environs.
Cape Flattery Silica Mines is committed to caring for the Cape Flattery environment and will:
- Ensure all activities carried out at the mine site comply with relevant statutory environmental requirements.
- Manage and control the impacts of our operations on the environs of Cape Flattery, ensuring the protections of significant species and habitat.
- Ensure lands impacted by mining activities are rehabilitated.
- Manage, control and minimize our waste streams.
- Promote environmental awareness amongst all personnel on site, including contractors and visitors.
- Recognize and work to meet the needs of the Traditional Owners when rehabilitating mining impacted areas.