Quality Policy Statement
CFSM is committed to implementing a Quality Assurance Management System for its productions and overall operations. Our quality objective is to meet or exceed our customer requirements and expectations in a proactive, professional and cost effective manner.
CFSM produces high quality silica sand for international customers in the Glass, Foundry and Chemical Industries. The purpose of this policy is to ensure that systems and processes are in place to produce and deliver world class quality silica sand that continually meets or exceeds our customers’ expectations. We strive for consistency and continual quality improvement.
This policy applies to all persons including employees, casual employees, contractors and visitors, entering any part of the CFSM site or conducting business for the Company. CFSM aims to:
- Establish and maintain a high degree of quality awareness throughout the Company.
- Utilise quality assurance measuring methods that will ensure products adequately meet and continue to meet customer’s requirements and specifications at all times.
- Institute a system of timely response to all customer complaints.
- Actively seek performance feedback from our customers and address opportunities for improvement are identified.
- Ensure that the Company’s operations comply with Work Health and Safety requirements, Australian Standards and all other statutory regulations.
- Continually assess quality systems and results in order to implement improvements in quality and performance within all sections of the Company’s operations.
Environmental Policy Statement
Cape Flattery Silica Mines recognises the unique, beautiful and often sensitive environment in which it mines, mills and conveys silica sands. This recognition and a desire by the Company, to protect the environment and minimise the impact of mining and related activities, has led to a policy of carefully managing activities and adopting techniques which ensure minimal impact on the Cape Flattery environs.
Cape Flattery Silica Mines is committed to caring for the Cape Flattery environment and has implemented an Environmental Management System to assist in achieving the following.
- Ensure all activities carried out at the mine site comply with relevant statutory environmental requirements.
- Manage and control the impacts of our operations on the environs of Cape Flattery, ensuring the protection of significant species and habitat.
- Ensure lands impacted by mining activities are rehabilitated.
- Manage, control and minimise our waste streams.
- Adopt pollution prevention practices to assist in the preservation of natural resources.
- Promote environmental awareness amongst personnel on site, including interested parties.
- Recognise and work to meet the needs of the Traditional Owners when rehabilitating mining impacted areas.
- Continually improve site practices and management systems to enhance environmental performance.
Safety and Health Policy Statement
CFSM Management is committed to a S&H policy enabling all work activities to be carried out safely, and with all possible measures taken to remove (or reduce as low as reasonably practicable) risks to the health, safety and welfare of workers, contractors, authorised visitors, and anyone else who may be affected by our operations.
CFSM is committed to ensuring we comply with the Mining and Quarrying Safety and Health Act 1999, and the Mining and Quarrying Safety and Health Regulation 2017 and applicable Codes of Practice and Australian Standards.
Management will provide and maintain:
- a safe working environment
- safe systems of work
- plant and substances in safe condition
- facilities for the welfare of workers
- information, instruction, training and adequate supervision that is reasonably necessary to ensure that each worker is safe from injury and risks to health
- a commitment to consult and co-operate with workers in all matters relating to safety and health in the workplace
- a commitment to continually improve our performance through effective safety management.
Each worker has an obligation to:
- not do anything wilfully or recklessly that might adversely affect the safety and health of someone else
- take reasonable care of the safety and health of themselves and others
- wear personal protective equipment and clothing as required
- comply with any direction given by management for safety and health
- not misuse or interfere with anything provided for safety and health
- report all near misses accidents and incidents on the Minesite immediately, no matter how trivial
- report all known, potential or observed hazards to their supervisor or manager
- comply with safe work practices, with the intent of avoiding injury to themselves and others and damage to plant and equipment.
We seek the co-operation of all workers, customers and other persons. We encourage suggestions for realising our health and safety objectives to create an injury free safe working environment. This policy applies to all business operations and functions.